Countable activities which can be used for meeting federal work participation:
1. Unsubsidized Employment
2. Subsidized Private-sector Employment
3. Subsidized Public-sector Employment
4. Work Experience
5. On-the-Job Training (OJT)
6. Job search and Job Readiness (see core and non-core activities for federal limits).
7. Community Service programs
8. Vocational Education (see core and non-core activities for federal limits).
9. Job Skills Training Directly Related to Employment
10. Providing Child Care Services to an Individual Who is Participating in a Community Service Program
11. Education Directly Related to Employment
12. Satisfactory Attendance – Secondary School
To qualify under one of the federal countable activities, an activity must meet specific guidelines and be approved by the federal TANF agency. For example, Workplace Essentials is a curriculum related to the soft-skills needed to succeed in the workplace and has been approved through Iowa's Work Verification Plan as an appropriate activity under the federal category of Job Search/Job Readiness.